We pride ourselves on the dignity and respect that we show to our children and place an emphasis on developing a sound social and emotional set of skills for children’s upcoming formal schooling years.
Toddlers - children from 15 months to 2 years
Our Toddlers room is inviting, soothing, and calming. Our educators provide a safe and nurturing space for our littlest ones to grow. Time is an essential element of this room to ensure that all children are given support to learn and begin to socialise in a supportive environment. Open-ended resources allow for discovery and cater for individual personalities and growing perceptions of the world.
Our Toddlers have their very own playground, with natural elements that bring children closer to nature.
Junior Kindy - children from 2 to 3 years
Our Junior Kindy room uses every opportunity to make learning exciting. Experiences focus on children developing a positive self-image, whilst developing self-help skills. Children are given opportunities to succeed while also being supported when things become challenging. Emphasis is around the development of self-help skills and the advancement of positive social interactions with peers, adults and the environment.
Pre-Kindy - children from 3 to 4 years
Our Pre Kindy room is a slightly more structured and intentional teaching environment to prepare our children for Kindergarten in the following year. Through our play-based program, children are able to self-discover and use their own judgments and choices for play. Children’s already developed self-help skills allow for a relaxed routine where individual needs are met for sleep and rest at differing times of the day.
Kindergarten - children from 4 to 5 years
Our Kindergarten room runs a Queensland Government Funded Kindergarten Program that is guided by the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Our Bachelor Qualified Early Childhood Teacher plans and implements a program that is both educational and fun.
Preparation for school is undertaken in a more structured learning program with opportunities utilised to meet learning outcomes as defined by the QKLG. A large component of our program is community based with opportunities to participate in community excursions. Literacy and numeracy are fundamental elements of our planned program each day.
- Our Water Park known as ‘Waterworld’ is a sun safe environment which operates during warm weather – perfect during spring and summer.
- We have oversized, natural play spaces providing endless opportunities for children to explore and discover.
- Our mud kitchen allows for messy and creative play.
- Established trees and gardens provide spaces for quiet and solitude or for stories and conversations with educators.
- We have a separate playground for our Toddlers (aged 15 months to 2 years).
- Together with the children we regularly replant and care for our our vegetable and flower gardens and pot plants. Our Centre Worms and Compost are used to improve the soil in the gardens, providing a rich learning opportunity.
- There is extensive outdoor shade provided by trees and Sun Smart shade sails allowing for outdoor play at any time of the day.
- Sustainable practices are embedded into all areas of our program – with an emphasis on upcycling re-useable materials for both creative arts and to build equipment.
- We have a large, paved area which provides a safe place to ride scooters and bikes.